Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week of 06/23/2008

Went to St. Louis last weekend to visit with ma and pa and had a splendid time! We all got up at the butt-crack of dawn Saturday morning so we could meet with the StL Tri Club for their Saturday morning ride and we never found them! :( We had a good time anyway....my momma ran 6 miles, my dad biked 12 and Ray and I biked 20. We decided to bike downtown to see the flooding of the Mississippi River and we also touched the arch. We also ran into the 2008 St. Louis Race for the Cure....waves and waves and waves of pink...quite incredible!! I think they had about 45,000 in attendance, which is incredibly awesome!
Finally getting used to the road bike and the whole clipping situation - I haven't fallen at all this year (knock on wood) and there was a lot of unclipping going on on the way to downtown and back on the road!
We ate at a Mexican restaurant Saturday night and I was enjoying my tasty burrito when I experienced something a little too hard for the contents of an enchilada. Turned out my crown fell off....ooops!

When we got back Sunday to KC, we went to the T-Bones game with my work. Lots of scoring going on with those baseball teams!!

Went to the dentist on Monday morning and found out the wonderful news that I would get to sit through my first root canal. Really wasn't as bad as I thought - took about 45 minutes and the worst part was the shots. Oh, and when the doc put some liquid ice on the gum where my crown had fallen off.....HOLY MOLY....he had to peel me off of the ceiling. Don't have to worry about sensitivity in that toofy anymore, though! Went and played golf with Ray and his buddy Chris. Meant to go running, but that never happened.

Today is Taco Tuesday, so we'll do the usual and go for a run and then bike to a local restaurant that has great outdoor seating and Tuesday maragarita and taco specials....YEAH!!

No comments: